Advertisement

I BUILT a huge LEGO CITY because of my disease

I BUILT a huge LEGO CITY because of my disease Hey friends! Today Eveline want to share with you her story on how she created a huge city of LEGO!
I have a very unpleasant disease - OCD or obsessive-compulsive disorder. It means it’s vitally important for me to repeat some actions. When I was very little I would get hysterical when someone moved my toys or even touched my things.

The doctor advised my mom to find me a hobby to stop disease progressing. Hobbies are the best way to deal with such things as they make people concentrate on one thing.

My mom gave me a set of LEGO as it develops motor skills. So when I was 3 I could spend hours con-necting cubes to get exactly the same tower as in the picture.

But mom didn't mind. Although the sets were quite expensive, we were a wealthy family. At least, we always bought the original ones and not cheap Chinese imitations. By the way, some sets were not in-tended for kids. But my mother was not confused as I could not even think of putting details in the nose or in the mouth because of my illness.

Practically, I was a perfect kid. I was just sitting, rustling with cubes, did not get naughty, didn’t throw things. Bit it is was not my nature, it was a disease.

When I was 12, we moved to a house from a flat. My mum made me a gorgeous gift – she prepared a small room for my LEGO passion. Together we ordered a huge table that occupied almost the entire room. I got a new goal. I knew what I wanted.

I started building a city. I have collected more than enough sets for years. I spent all my spare time on the construction.

For a start, I outlined houses location, shops, neighborhoods, streets. I was allowed to draw right on the table. Then I started construction. Slowly, but surely residential areas grew.

Sometimes I went beyond the project and built mountains or forests. So, there was a pond, a small riv-er, and a castle on the hill in my city. It became a whole legend. I didn't build as much as I played. I in-vented characters, made stories, played out some scenes. It was so cool! I finally decided to put my sto-ries in a book.

I'm 17 now. My books are a success, they interview me and shoot me and my city on video. Those who haven't read my books know me as the girl who built one of the biggest LEGO cities. I was even invited to the LEGO factory, and I looked at the process of creating my favorite toys from the inside.

This is how my mother and my doctor, without knowing it, brought up a creative person from a sick girl.

Write in the comments about your hobbies. Read books and create your own worlds! Because some-times leaving reality can help you find your place in it.

life story,animation short film,Teen Stories,animated channel,short animation,parents,animated short film,actually happened,stories,story,true stories,story animated,short film,animated story,actually happened stories,animated stories,my story animated,share my story,storytime,story time,school stories,lego,city,lego city,illness,lego city police,hobbies,mom,no father,animation,

Post a Comment

0 Comments