Advertisement

I am 18 and I my child saved my life

I am 18 and I my child saved my life Hey guys! My name is Daniel, and I want to tell you how my kid saved me and became the meaning of my life.
I live with my mom. My dad disappeared somewhere when I was a baby and he didn't ever come back. Still, we were never short of money and most important – we had two apartments. One of them was on lease. In our city, having some real estate makes you a «golden boy».
As I didn’t have a father no one was ever strict and serious to me. That’s why as a teenager, I crossed the line. I began to drink, I hung out in some shady companies… Of course, my well-educated and aristocrat mom didn’t approve of it. And I got to know the opposite sex very early… well, you know what I mean.
I always had money as my mom didn't limit my pockets. So, most of my time I spent at the parties, often with the guys older than me. I drank as hell, too much for a teenager. But somehow I managed to conceal it. I did not want to study, I did not see the meaning in my life… well, just typical problems of any teenager, like «I don't want anything, I just want to have fun and not to think about anything…». Besides, I got a chronic depression.
One night I met Kerry at some party. Honestly, I didn't even like her. She wasn’t even beautiful… She was a typical slightly dumb girl one year younger than me. I was 17 at the time, and she was only 16, but she hung out with older guys.
Kerry had nothing at all. She lived with her mom and her stepfather in a hostel. They were heavy drunkards and they did not care about their girl at all. She hustled as she could. Anyway, if I weren’t so drunk that time, I wouldn't even look at her.
But somehow we slept over. A few weeks later, she came up to me and said she was pregnant. My mother almost got a heart attack when she saw her. I wasn't happy myself, but I didn't want to quit her.
We started living together. My mom got better though she still did not like Kerry. I pulled myself together because now I had a family. I didn’t want it, I didn’t love it but still…. I was taught to be responsible for my actions. But Kerry, having lived in good conditions, in a nice flat and eating good food, started demanding for more and more. She wanted a pompous wedding, «like everyone else», and she started planning our live, our expenses and our possessions. She demanded we move out of mom's house as soon as possible. I tried to explain that it was foolish as I was only first year college student. I wouldn’t be able to fully provide our family if we just move out. But she wouldn’t listen and she was constantly freaking me out. Eventually she left, saying I wouldn't see my baby again.
On the one hand – well, it was okay. I'm 17, I'm still very young, I didn’t care what would happen to that kid. On the other hand, I lost all my motivation to live and I got drinking again. Because I wanted something in my life. Maybe not with her, not so early, but I had a meaning of life – my kid. Now there was nothing. When the kid was born I came up to see him. But she didn’t even let me in and her stepfather wanted to throw me down the stairs.
Kerry was not going to take care of the baby. She still hung out at the parties, got drunk as hell and did not look like a young mother. And her family were the same. So, my mom supported my decision. She did not want to leave her grandson in such conditions. Or maybe she just didn't like to see her son hanging in the bars all the time. Me and my mom thought for a while and applied to court.
So, we won the case and got custody over the kid, having paid big bucks to lawyers. I was officially nominated as a father. Kerry got some compensation and escaped out of the town somewhere. I hope she will be okay. Then we started to raise the kid. Since only my mom worked, I had to learn to be a nanny. Of course, I quit parties and other «fun» because of a «squeaking lump» in my arms, who became the meaning of my life.
Things were getting better slowly but surely. I studied at college. Sometimes I worked part-time and my mom helped me to raise my kid. I began to see the meaning in what I was doing. Before I didn’t want anything. But now I began to make plans. I started searching for the convenient job. I planned our future life, so that my kid had everything he wanted.
I don't know what's next. I can't see the future, and I can't even imagine what would have happened if it hadn't been for my baby. But now I am a happy father. Responsibility has become my salvation from myself.
I do not advise anyone to have kids so early and carelessly. But I want to say one thing – if you managed to make a baby somehow, it’s the last thing to quit him and throw away. Because no one will love you like your kid.

problems,my story animated,stories,animation,short film,storybooth,storybook,story booth,story animated,animated story,story,story time,short animation,animated channel,animation short film,teen stories,life story,Teen Stories,actually happened,actually happened stories,storytime,true stories,

Post a Comment

0 Comments