Advertisement

Aphasia 4 Tips Better Talking

Aphasia 4 Tips Better Talking Aphasia Tips for Better Talking
In this video, you will gain insight on some of the tactics of better talking, especially for those who may have mild-moderate expressive aphasia. In those circumstances, many can actually speak, but may have intermittent episodes of recall difficulty, or saying an incorrect word for one that was intended. Often those with a mild to moderate aphasia wish they could speak as they did before the stroke or incident. However, they learn with time:
1. I will speak as well as I can each and every day and accept that.
2. I will not make any negative comments about my talking either to myself or when I am speaking with others. I will not make any excuses for the way I talk, now will I talk about why I am not able like I did before unless my wife or husband wishes or gives me permission to discuss it. (for the carer, or caregiver.
3. If, while I am speaking an incorrect word comes out, I will continue talking and complete the thought. In that way, there will be less possibility of getting stressed or tense while trying to find the right correct word.
4. When I have not completely formulated what I will say, I will pause until I know what I want to say, and then I will say it. I will not talk unless I have it in my mind what I will say next. If i start talking and my speech gets confused I will pause and say nothing, knowing that someone else will take a turn at speaking.
5. I will not be lonely, nor will I complain that old friends are not coming around. We will invite friends to the house and we will state in the invitation there will be some special kind of food or drink that will be served.
6. If my carer has learned the Teaching of Talking method we will talk with our guest. If he or she has not yet learned how to stimulate speech and language, the carer will have a list of questions to pose to the guest about his or her particular interests, hobbies, or preferences so that you can get the other person talking.

These suggestions will definitely help you. All of the above ideas will need to be practiced and you can find out more how to do them, elegantly by contacting us today for more information.

Website:

E-Mail: markittleman@teachingoftalking.com

Facebook:

Questionnaire:


Mailing list:


Learn The Teaching of Talking Method (Independent Study) teachingoftalking.com/products

We also provide mentoring for those with aphasia and their family members and in-service training to therapists, stroke clubs and health care workers in The Teaching of Talking Method. Those who participate and meet the course requirements will receive certification. For more information on Mentoring spouses, family members, and SP'S contact us at

support@teachingoftalking.com.

Contact us today if you are interested in the upcoming intensive trainings in apraxia for caregivers and therapists. They are intensive trainings that each requires 3 days of training
You will learn what to do to help your loved one talk. We will be training you in Las Vegas and after the training you can return home or spend a few days seeing the Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, and other wonderful landmarks; even the Las Vegas Strip.

The courses are open to only 10 students and will be held in Las Vegas in late January and February. If you are interested send us an email and we will provide you with in-depth information.

Thanks,

Moshe Mark
markittleman@teachingoftalking.com

aphasia speech therapy,learn techniques of aphasia therapy,help those with aphasia talk,speech exercises for aphasia,intensive training for caregivers in aphasia,online speech therapy aphasia,learn apraxia of speech therapy,learn aphasia speech therapy,learn dysarthria speech therapy,speech therapy expert aphasia,teaching of talking method,moshe mark ittleman,lear how to help teach talking,global aphasia,Broca's aphasia,

Post a Comment

0 Comments