Advertisement

Healthcare Business Opportunity for Practitioner: Business Opportunity or Legal Trap?

Healthcare Business Opportunity for Practitioner: Business Opportunity or Legal Trap?
Click the above link to send us a message or book an appointment.

So we have not only the health care law side, but also the FDA law side. We also deal with medical spas. I'll talk about that, and many healthcare related businesses.

So our sweep is very, very broad. Now we don't do malpractice. So you can just take a deep breath and relax, because I'm not going to talk about getting sued.

But you know how to protect your assets now anyway, so you'd be fine. But I'm not going to talk about that because we're not malpractice lawyers, we're more corporate transactional regulatory lawyers.

And the question is, if you're presented with something that's a business opportunity, like let's say for example a medical spa, is it really an opportunity or is it a trap?

Well it's going to sound like an opportunity, how do I know?

Because so many clients come to us, "Hello, I'm Dr. So-and-so, I have a very established practice. I'm very successful in my practice. I have a long waiting list. And my best friend, my cousin, someone was introduced to me at an event, and they're starting a medical spa. They're starting a business. And they want me associated with it. And the great thing is that I don't have to do much of anything. I can simply show up, or sometimes not even do that. And it's just a sea of financial opportunity for me."

So the question is, how do you evaluate that?
Is it a business opportunity for you, or is it a legal trap?
Is this on automatic, it's just going?
Because if it is, then I have to keep up with it. It might be.

Which is kind of a metaphor, because if the machine is rolling, and what you've got is, you have to think about it this way. The trap is this: whenever you're involved and you're a licensed clinician, you're a physician, you're a nurse, you have a license from the state. Then you're beholden to that license. And the people that you see, the people that you talk to, the people that you are consulting with, they are your patients.

And believe it or not, a lot of clinicians don't realize that, because the people that walk into, let's say a medical spa, they're customers and clients of the medi-spa, but they're also your patients. So you have a doctor patient relationship with them, and you can't ignore them. And you probably know them.

The challenge though, is that whoever it is that's running the business, is calling the shots. And so now you're entangled in a possible legal trap, because you have someone else calling the operational, administrative, logistic and marketing shots. And as a licensee, you're subject to a sea of rules.

healthcare lawyer,FDA attorney,California business lawyer,medical spa,malpractice,business opportunity,regulatory lawyer,legal trap,licensed clinician,physician license,nurse license,doctor-patient relationship,Healthcare Business,Practitioner,Michael H. Cohen,Cohen Healthcare Law Group,

Post a Comment

0 Comments