Advertisement

Lagos Beauty: How far will you go? - Part 1

Lagos Beauty: How far will you go? - Part 1 If I told you told you I had a BBL, would you say "you go girl" or would you think I was insecure?

What would you do if you saw a baby picture of me where my skin was 5 times darker? Would you ask how I got lighter? Or would you tell me I was silly to have bleached?

Would I have the same appeal if I wore my hair natural or must my edges be laid to get those Instagram likes?

These are the questions!
There are so many things we deal with and pressures we face as individuals. One of the many that have stood out to me is keeping up appearances and by this, I really just mean looking the part.

These are some of the thoughts that filled my mind when I decided last year to combine my passion and interest in beauty with my content creation skills and put together a mini documentary titled “Lagos Beauty: How far will you go(#LagosBeautyHowFar)”
#LagosBeautyHowFar is a three-part documentary set to be released on my youtube channel on the 16h January, 23rd of January and 30th of January, 2020. The documentary explores different aspects of the development of the beauty industry in Nigeria. Being a topic that I’m very interested in, there were many areas I’d have loved to explore, but I focused this documentary on three main areas; cosmetic surgery, skin bleaching, and the black hair experience.

My main goal for #LagosBeautyHowFar is to continue the conversation, further sensitise people and get them freely discussing body image and other related issues. It also probes the mater of the impact and influence that social media truly has on our lifestyles.  
I’d really like to hear your thoughts on #LagosBeautyHowFar. Please drop your comments and let’s keep the conversation going. You can always find out more from my social media pages; @LolaOJ on Instagram, @Lola_OJ on Twitter, as well as my youtube channel

lolaojtv,lolaoj,lagosbeauty,grandville,ajaysglam,cosmeticsurgery,bbl,surgeryinLagos,Pels,SkinBleaching,GoodHairltd,FredaFrancis,PelsInternational,DrAyo,Lekki,Bigbutt,

Post a Comment

0 Comments