Advertisement

How Mould Fits Into The Triad Of Disease, Illness & Sickness

How Mould Fits Into The Triad Of Disease, Illness & Sickness I’ve decided to do a weekly live stream about public health and wellness.

You see, I’m an environmental microbiologist and I help people take control of their home or office environments and help people reduce their exposure to mould and water damage in order to improve their health.

Why do I do this? Well, people call me every day with their water damage issues and I’ve done a lot of building inspections. Last count I was at approx. 3000 inspections and/or lab reports…so I’ve seen a lot of water damage and met a lot of people all experiencing mould from different perspectives.

So….I want to share my knowledge with you. Therefore every week, I’m going to zero in on a hot topic about water damage and mould using Live streaming - I want to do regular Q&A’s and I’ll also be doing interviews and having guests on the show for online streaming as a duo or maybe even as a panel.

So, today I want to offer some tips for better understanding my industry…

But first: I want to briefly highlight my show health disclaimer:

This livestream is informational and educational only and not specific to you and intended to help you with your own personal wellness efforts but you should consult your own qualified medical practitioner before adopting or following any of the suggestions or strategies I may express or discuss. I am not offering medical advice and the content I deliver is educational and for entertainment purposes only.

Now with that out of the way…

Mould is very real. I’ve put a few references into the show notes and these are in the description below the video or audio. Here’s an example: A previous client called me up yesterday and I will recount parts of her story to illustrate my points. Not everyone believes in biology, let alone microbiology which is the study of bacteria, yeasts, fungi, virus and some algae.

There are about 100,000+ known fungi described in textbooks

There are really about 4-5 million different fungi based on genetic sequencing

About 300-600 known fungi cause disease in humans.

Fungi reproduce through spores and it’s these spores that are allergic, possess mycotoxins and if the concentrations are high enough, produce microbial VOC’s that are often toxic.

This lady is suffering an extreme mould reaction. I’ve seen the spore trap results under the microscope. Levels of 10,000 - 40,000 and higher spores per cubic metre of air. Long term water damage…

Her husband doesn’t believe her. Her husband thinks she needs psychiatric help.

She is beside herself. On the one hand, she’s sick. On the other hand, there’s great lab data confirming her home is full of mould. The home was known to be water damaged during a recent large-scale renovation. BUT her husband can’t see the mould, and he feels fine. She on the other hand has many of the classic mould symptoms. Her own doctor has confirmed with a mycotoxin test that she is indeed showing high levels of mycotoxins in her body.

Then she moved and her symptoms became manageable.

However she called me because her husband brought items from the water damaged property into the house and she’s reacted to them…

This brings me to the central topic of this live stream:

How the emotions of sympathy and anger affect decision-making?
There’s a triad I often see about mould and adverse health and there are 3 interrelated concepts you should be aware of if you or a loved one or family member is exposed to mould and these are:

1. ILLNESS - this is where a person experiences a loss of health and has some symptoms. It’s a first person perspective.

2. DISEASE - this is where a person calls for professional help and the condition is diagnosed by a medical expert (doctor, allied health practitioner, etc). It’s a professional perspective.

3. SICKNESS - this is where a person takes on or is given a social role about the condition. It’s a societal perspective.

This triad gives rise to a very real set of tensions…

mould,water damage,biotoxins,CIRS,health,microbiology,illness,disease,sickness,mold,toxins,mycotoxins,spores,allergy,asthma,

Post a Comment

0 Comments